No matter the size, every household in Australia produces a significant amount of wastewater, which is any water that flows down a sink or toilet and rainwater from your storm drainage system. It is, therefore, the responsibility of homeowners to ensure that the wastewater is treated in a manner that makes it safe for reuse. One way of doing this is by using the Aqua Nova (AQ) aerated treatment system that both treats and disposes of household wastewater.
Water is a critical requirement for living, so it is the responsibility of every one to avoid wasting the precious resource. Water, even that from your rainwater drainage system, can be utilised in numerous ways in your daily life. The AQ system takes Australia’s household wastewater management to a new level, providing you with numerous benefits.
Benefits of using a wastewater treatment system at home:
- Get rid of potential diseases – A residential wastewater treatment system helps eliminate harmful organisms and kills disease-causing bacteria. The system removes the contaminants as the water leaves the tank and enters the ground. Furthermore, the filtration system prevents diseases from contaminating your water sources or reaching farm animals and plants.
- Produce minimal odour – Compared to older systems, the modern waste water systems are designed to emit very minimal levels of odour. Many people were averse to installing a septic tank and similar structures due to the possibilities of having bad odours. However, modern systems like the AQ ensure that odour is not an issue when used correctly.
- Quickly break down solids – Wastewater systems feature aerobic functions which help in the breaking down of solids in your system much faster than before. This helps reduce instances of blockages, as you will require less de-sludging and will reduce the number of solids that contaminate the drainage field and groundwater.
- Have little to no maintenance required – Aqua Nova wastewater systems require little input in terms of maintenance, and they last much longer than older systems. However, you need to de-sludge your septic tank at least every 2 or so years, depending on your usage. Other than that, the only other thing you need to do is carry out regular maintenance inspections every 2 or 3 years to identify signs of trouble.
- Reduce waste water – When used with a concrete rainwater tank, the AQ system offers you much more water for animal care and farming needs. In fact, you do not have to worry about wasting the water since it will be cleaned once again and be ready for use.
How AQ works
The Aqua Nova household treatment plant is a completely automatic and fully integrated treatment solution that can treat up to 2,000 litres of household water daily. The system utilises chemical, biological, and physical treatment process to ensure you receive high quality water.
The AQ system features four main processes:
- Primary sedimentation
- Aerobic digestion
- Final clarification
- Disinfection and pumping out
Everhard Industries is happy to assist with the installation of water-saving solutions at your home, such as rainwater pits and the AQ water treatment system. They will also help ensure you fulfill any regulatory authority requirements for your wastewater treatment system. Contact them for more information.